Cleaning and maintaining a private residence or commercial building to make sure that it meets any housekeeping sanitation requirements (for commercial buildings, such as healthcare facilities, restaurants, and government agencies) and provides a comfortable space for residents or employees.
Housekeeper Job Duties
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures
- Cleaning and sanitizing toilets, showers/bathtubs, countertops, and sinks
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary kitchen area
- Making beds and changing linens
- Washing windows
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpets and rugs
- Sweeping/vacuuming, polishing, and mopping hard floors
- Sorting, washing, loading, and unloading laundry
- Ironing clothing items
- Using any cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and other cleaning tools
- Keeping bathrooms stocked with clean linens, toiletries, and other supplies
- Cleaning mirrors and other glass surfaces
- Emptying trash receptacles and disposing of waste
- Steaming and cleaning draperies
- Washing blinds
- Tidying up rooms
- Monitoring cleaning supplies and ordering more as needed
- Reporting any necessary repairs or replacements
What Will I Learn?
- Each and every place requires housekeeper.
- The backbone of health is cleanliness.
- It is said that cleanliness is next to GODLINESS.
- So there is tremendous job openings for housekeepers.